Thursday, February 11, 2010

Views from the BDO: Snow

For those who may have missed the massive media blitz, it's been snowing here in the Northeast.

I long for the time when weather this severe was truly immobilizing and isolating; nothing to do but stay home enjoy the company of family and maybe a few neighbors and figure out how to create a meal with what happened to be in the cupboards. There is something in my DNA that knows, when the sky darkens and white specks fly past my window horizontally at such a speed they become a single sheet, a rippling veil, that it's time to slow down. Time to pause and take a break.

Alas, that's not the technology-ridden world I live in. Still... the beauty is undeniable.




1 comment:

christmas loan said...

I miss this kind of season. I may visit the north next year.