Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Boycott Charmin!!

I’m calling for a boycott of Charmin toilet tissue until they fire the agency that created those stupid bear commercials and pull them from the air. Who’s with me?

I hardly watch TV and yet it seems I cannot escape these commercials! Bears running to port-a-pottys on the beach; bears brushing remnants of toilet tissue off their butts (do any humans actually have this problem?); bears with overly expressive faces as the voice over guy gently talks about unpleasant butt-related, toilet-related topics. YUK!

But what is most disturbing is when I picture some creative group excitedly brainstorming these ideas, then presenting them to executives who smile and say, “YES! YES! That’s perfect! Let’s use cartoon bears with intestinal distress to sell our product!!”

It’s ridiculous! I work far too hard creating intelligent, decent ad copy to tolerate this crap. (Pun not intended, but pleasing none-the-less.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can GUARANTEE that the commercial as described would NEVER play in southern markets. That has NORTHEAST written all over it! Besides being more than just stupid, it is down right crass. I will continue to use Scott, 1000 sheets per roll, best value, and fully functional.

DB