Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jersey Fresh InDEED!

Or... Mmm, Mmm! Caterpillar-y Goodness!

This is the Farmer's Market story I alluded to in my last post. Earlier this month, we got a GREAT head of broccoli at the market. I swear it really does TASTE better because it's so fresh.

When I went to clean the steamer basket, I saw what looked like a funky, bumpy piece of broccoli stem ... but upon closer inspection... it.... ummm... wasn't broccoli...



Pretty sure it would have been a monarch butterfly someday.

Will's reaction: "I'm done eating bugs, Carole."

There's NO evidence that we actually ate ANY bugs! (Although I barely noticed this, so who knows what escaped my attention.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would not have expected Will to be the "no eating bugs" type. I think he is getting soft - you beter get him out camping quick!

Jodee

Acorn Lane said...

Yeah well.. the joke is that he ate A LOT of bugs when he lived in Africa and I guess he will put up with it there where there's not much else to choose from. But here in the abundant US, there's no excuse for eating bugs. I guess.