Friday, May 16, 2008

Coffee and Ketchup

So today was free iced coffee day at Dunkin' Donuts. My local Dunkin' is currently closed for renovations (booo, hisssss) and the nearest shop is at least 15 minutes away by car. With the price of gas where it is... well I'm word girl not math girl so I didn't bother with the calculation, I hopped in my little girl truck and drove on over!!! 'Cause free Dunkin' is FREE DUNKIN' baby!

On the way home I heard the most FASCINATING story on All Things Considered that I just HAVE to share, because it's tomato-related and it's been a while since I've blogged about tomatoes. (Not that there hasn't been plenty to discuss: our hydroponics are doing well; our Early Girl seedlings are probably just about ready to go into the ground; and my mom sent Will a really cool collection of heirloom plants as a gift and they just arrived this week - totally ready to go in the ground!)

This is the story: Heinz on Quest for Sweeter Tomatoes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole, I was just reading your blog; Doug has it bookmarked on our home computer. I also found that tomato story interesting - the quest for the perfect sweet tomato. Here in NC, we'll be missing Jersey corn and Jersey tomatoes this summer. Hope you and Will are well.
Ginny