Monday, May 28, 2007

(Nothing But) Flowers

(I love that Talking Heads song and think of it every time I garden.)

The offices of UtterClarity were closed today for the holiday, and I used the time to do some gardening with Will. A few before and after shots are below.

Still a LOT more work to do, but the beds were really a mess and it feels good to have done a major weeding in two of them and to have mulch down in one with a heavy coat of Weed-n-Feed underneath. ("Yum,"say the flowers. "Gulp, gasp, gurgle," say the germinating weeds.)

Will put some edging in along the front and I'm diggin' it the MOST. The material he used is called "Fiber Edge," which is very amusing to me, because that's the "brand" name of a service I help promote for one of my clients (it's a fiber optic tv, phone and Internet thingy).

I'm already sore and expect to be nearly immobile tomorrow. Good thing all I need to do is sit, think and type.








2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey - I'm cornfused. Where are those raised beds in your yard?

Everything's looking good - can't wait to see it in person!

Acorn Lane said...

That bed is actually not "in" the yard per sey - it's on the West Stewart street side of the house, next to the sidewalk, between the front porch and the back fence.