Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Grind, Crunch, Boom - Part II

Faithful readers (all two of you) may recall that I wrote about the sidewalks in front of the BDO being ripped up and replaced right before I left for vacation. I wrote that the timing was great since I was leaving and would miss all the noise right outside my window. Came home to lovely, even, un-cracked new sidewalks.

And now... the town is ripping up the ROAD outside my window. INSANE amount of noise. Banging, grinding, pounding. Sometimes the windows of this old house rattle. And then there is that unmistakable high-pitched beep of heavy equipment backing up.

I have to conduct a phone interview this morning. This ought to be a hoot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No video to accompany this entry? And the sound on my computer is finally working, so I could actually hear the grind, crunch, boom and beep!

Jenn said...

Think how GREAT this will be for roller skating in the street!!!!

(They better be done by the end of July!!)

Tom Carten said...

The guy who invented the back-up beep died about three years ago. If he was a baaad guy, he won't burn; he will be condemned to an eternity of ear-splitting back-up beeps.