Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Writing Samples

The first question is always, “Can you show us some samples of your work?” That one usually even precedes, “What’s your rate?” Which is good and right; It should be more about the quality of the work than the money.

I try to keep my writing samples current, but it’s tough. Some clients don’t want me to share things, some work isn't worth sharing (so boring), and some work gets so gnarled after I turn it over to clients, that it no longer represents “my good work” – it is neither mine nor good. Some work dies in committee - too many reviewers, too little planning, or just dead-end projects.

Just posted two things I’m pretty pleased with.

The first is a case-study-style article about this amazing reading program I’ve had the pleasure to be writing about for nearly a year now. (There have been many, many other case studies during this time. This is the only one that has managed to make it through the maze of editing and approvals.)

The second is an ad series that I did in conjunction with this super cool creative firm I have the pleasure of working with often. They came up with all the concepts, gave me the designs and said, “fill in some copy.” And so I did. That’s my job.

No comments: