Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Poor Jane Eyre

(I’m having book chat with myself because Jenn’s on the Barnaked Ladies cruise and we’re between books anyway.) I can’t believe what a good story this is already. So quickly into the story Jane sees a ghost. A real, actual ghost. At least I think so. But I’m not really sure and that’s part of what keeps me reading. And what a sad, sad life she has. How mean her aunt and cousins are! Even the household help. So I’m excited that it looks like she’s getting out. But her aunt already sort of poisoned that guy from the school against her. I really like how she told-off her aunt right before she left. Thought it was interesting when she told the doctor that she would rather stay with her mean aunt than entertain the notion of going to live with really, really poor relatives. Interesting choice. Can’t wait to see what happens next. I should try to get to bed early so I don’t stay up so late reading. Last night when I forced myself to put the book down it was nearly midnight. But... new episode of “House” tonight. Hmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not read Jane Eyre, but will gladly listen to you have a discussion with yourself anytime.

Jode