Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A noticeable panty line

Quote of the week from the BDO: “Cool. I really liked that panty line.”

There was this ad series. The style was very irreverent and over-stated. One of the concepts for which I was to write copy was the “We’re that good” concept. The visual was a black and white image of young girls, circa 1959/60, overcome by emotion at the sight of some teen pop sensation. The copy I wrote ended with the line, “But please, don’t throw your panties at our reception desk. It gets a little awkward.”

When it seemed as if this particular ad was not going to be part the series, I inquired as to its status. When I was told that, yes, indeed it will be included, but just hasn’t yet, I replied, “Cool. I really liked that panty line.”


(And props please, for refraining from posting about tomatoes again today.)

No comments: