Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Clean office, clear head?

I cleaned my office over the weekend. Not that my office is every really that messy, but I got really aggressive. I had short stacks of books, papers and other miscellany in the corners (the BDO is a funky attic room, with no fewer than seven corners) and I managed to annihilate all the pointless piles. Found homes for all sorts of random stuff, which had curiously collected over the years.

Leaning against the baseboard trim in one corner there was a framed photo of me with my college newspaper staff. I found it when I moved into this office about six years ago and was considering whether or not to hang it. This weekend I decided yes, if for no other reason, but to get it off the floor where it had been stationed for at least two of those six years.

My old PalmV was in its cradle and plugged in under a window. No idea why. I guess when I got my new one last June, I thought I may still need the old one for some reason. I unplugged it and tossed it in the closet (new problem there – what to do with it now? Mom may be interested.).

There was a bag of clothes by the door that now has been moved into a bedroom on it’s way out of the house entirely. I have NO idea how this even got up here. It’s a bag of leftover kids clothes: hand-me-downs from a friend for my sister, who picked through, took what she wanted, and left me literally holding the bag.

Now as a I turn my head and scan the room, it’s so nice and tidy and orderly. Just looking at the clear corners makes me feel instantly more productive and focused. Ahhh. Off to work.

No comments: