Friday, March 16, 2007

New Camel No. 9s (can it be long before they are referred to as “Pink Ladies”?)

I blame Mac. If they hadn’t started this whole “why-can’t-absolutely-everything-come-in-a-rainbow-of-colors” trend we wouldn’t have pink packaged cigarettes. Honestly the “uproar” over this makes me laugh. If people want to smoke they are going to smoke. Don’t blame brilliant marketing for luring stupid people into addiction. (Sounds like the judgmental shrew talking, doesn’t it? We should name her.)

Reading a quote from one young lung-killer got me thinking. She’s quoted as saying, “They don’t stink like regular cigarettes.” What a great idea and why hasn’t someone thought of this sooner: incense mixed in with the tobacco at such a high proportion that the nice smell is stronger than the bad one!! The scent market is booming – candles, little warm oil thingys you plug into your wall outlet, spray bottles full of freshness! Why hasn’t there been a cross-marketing promotion between Glade and Philip Morris? I can see it now – the Glade/PM Apple Spice Scented Cigarette!!! Or Green Tea and Ginger – AROMATHERAPY CIGARETTES!! This is gold. I can’t believe no one has done this yet. And if it creeps up on the market in the next few months I will know that I am not – as I suspect – a voice out here in the wilderness simply rambling on about nothing, with no one listening but myself.


1 comment:

Tom said...

I think you can blame the iPod mini for the color thing...
-Tom