Thursday, March 15, 2007

Disturbing fact of the week:

“Home repossessions in the US are at their highest level since records began.”

I’m not entirely sure what I have to say about this fact, but when I read it in this article, it jarred me. Why is it happening? I have my suspicions, hunches, inklings… ...about the decline of overall responsibility in American society. Everyone wants everything now, now, now. And big, big, big. Of course this is going to lead to problems, problems, problems.

I don’t know how much more I can write about this without the judgmental shrew inside me jumping out and taking the stand. She always travels with her own little soapbox and she whips it out so fast. I don’t see anything but a blur of movement and there she is – nose in the air, finger waving, and that smug little smile smeared across her face. Babbling on and on, every other word a “should” or an “if.” “Blah, blah, blah, blah you should do this," and "blah, blah, blah, blah if only people did this…” Brat. I hate her.

(Whew. Thank goodness I chased that off.)

What was that about disturbing?

No comments: